Do you want to help Debian Project and don’t know how to start?
You can start with DDTP — Debian Description Translation Project. 🙂
Let me tell you why…
- You are going to help people that can’t read English to find their packages.
- Translating for DDTP is easy, you can do it from anywhere, you just need Internet conection.
- You just have 10 minutes a day? Perfect! Usually, the DDTP texts have between one and three short paragraphs.
- Not sure if you’ll like it? You can start just reviewing translations.
- You can practice your English writing skills.
- You can get in touch with many Debian volunteers and learn a lot.
- It’s fun!
Sounds good for you? See here how to start.
Numbers, numbers, give numbers to them!
GPL use in Debian on the rise: study
I love when people do researches and publish that, with facts, numbers and statistics. So better than wake up in the morning, drink some bad coffee and says: “I think that the use of GPL is decreasing”.
Read it, don’t believe in FUD and be happy. 🙂
Ok, ok, I know, was just my first FISL, but I really liked, very much. I was with some friends, they are great! I laugh a lot and met other friends there and others that I never had found personally before. Was a big event, more than five thousand people. Many talks, user groups, projects and news (OLPC and Classmate are cool).
The food was bad there, but we took our food, chocolate, coke, water and cookies (friends: thanks for all chocolate, coffee, water, candies that kept us alive!!!). Thank you so much to expositors that have money and had coffee machines!!! They saved lifes. Today I miss that coffee yet, so good and hot.
Was cold there, sometimes, so much cold (brrr), but I think that was because had too much penguins there. =o)
I was in the Debian place, that was really great, the t-shirts are beautiful, we did work hard, did talk with many people, had some problems, is true, but I think that we did the best possible at the moment. We had an excellent leader and a great team. I’m so proud. ;o)